BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, April 1, 2010

(A)pril Fool's Day

Today is my grandma's 86th birthday.

(Here is where I would show you a picture of my grandma but I can't find my camera and my scanner hates me. Get used to it.)

Grandma is pretty freakin' amazing. My grandparents live in Iowa and my grandfather has macular degeneration (along with a whole slew of other maladies) and is going blind. So Grandma drives them down to Florida every January. And she drives them there quickly if you know what I mean.

She exercises 4 days a week and does yoga and meditation every day. I just saw her on Monday and she showed me a picture of her and my cousin Amy's daughter, who is like 4, sitting on the floor underneath a card table coloring. On the floor! I'm 13 days shy of 44 and I can't do that.

My daughter is graduating from high school on May 23rd and they are planning on driving back down here to see it. Since my dad died I've really been feeling orphaned, being here in the this god-forsaken place with no family. (Usually I don't mind it too much...I don't like people all up in my bidness). But this is a big deal and I want to share it with the people I love most and I am really glad they are going to be here.

Happy Birthday, Doris!

1 comments:

Rae said...[Reply to comment]

Happy belated birthday to your grandma! Sounds like a wonderful lady!
And, yeah- last time I was on the floor coloring, I was in kindergarten!
Congrats on your daughter's graduation and your upcoming birthday!
We MUST celebrate!!!