BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

(Q)ue Pasa USA

Do you remember this show?

We didn't get cable until I was in junior high school. We only had 4 channels, so I watched a LOT of pbs. I was probably the only 10 year old who watched The Forsythe Saga and Masterpiece Theater. I watched Julia Child, too. I still love her.

Even after we got cable I continued to watch Masterpiece. If it wasn't for that show I may have never found Jane Austen! For the record, I prefer the 1980 version that I saw on Masterpiece with this Mr. Darcy, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with this guy.

Oh, before I go, remember that pazillion things I had to do yesterday? My first stop was Anchor to get some tomato plants and look for some rhubarb and this is what I got, instead:


Well, you can't really see it there. Let's try this:


Yeah, I got hit. Never even saw it. Or felt it, for that matter. Poor girl that hit me can't say the same. My blue baby kept me safe but she is damaged and it hurts my heart. A lot. I love that truck too much. Needless to say I lost my initiative after that. I still managed to get to Kmart and spend $200! I bought an ironing board for pity's sake. I didn't think I hit my head, but I must have.

7 comments:

Gregg Metcalf said...[Reply to comment]

No, I have never heard of that show. Sorry about the truck, ouch!

Survivormama said...[Reply to comment]

You spent $200. on an ironing board...Wow that is an expensive ironing board...hope everyone was okay!

Mel Chesley said...[Reply to comment]

Whoa... you got an ironing board??? I don't even have one. XD

Sorry you got into an accident. :( But spending $200 made you feel a little better, I'm sure. :D

Ella said...[Reply to comment]

Whoah, that is awful! How did the other vehicle look?! You did hit your head, if you spent $200 on an ironing board, just kidding!
oops, I can see others wrote similar stuff! Hope you are okay~

Wanda said...[Reply to comment]

Never heard of that show. Sorry to hear of your accident.

Arlee Bird said...[Reply to comment]

I saw 2 TV versions of Austen's P & P and liked them both. I didn't care for the more recent theatrical release. But my hands down favorite in capturing the spirit of the story was the Black & white film version from @ 1940 or so. I think Mr Darcy was Laurence Olivier. That version really captured the comic side of the story the best.

Lee
A to Z Challenge Reflections Mega Post

Rae said...[Reply to comment]

You must get emergency care immediately! Cat Scan! Brain biopsy! Head Xrays! Whatever! No woman in their right mind buys an ironing board. Listen up! Your name is Christy! NOT Martha Stewart! Grab a glass of wine and your Kmart receipt and we'll forget it ever happened!