BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, April 9, 2010

(H)ousekeeping...or lack thereof

My bloggy friend Rae has mentioned several times on her blog what her housekeeping duties include. I don't think she likes to do all that mopping, and dusting, and vacuuming, and all the other nonsense she does. Every. Single. Week. But she does it anyway.

Me? Not so much. I tell people all the time that I just don't get bothered about that kind of stuff. Mind you, we're not living in squalor...but it is messy. And dusty:


As soon as I saw this I thought of Rae. She always has pictures on her blog that relate to her posts, but I don't think she takes most of them herself. Let me assure you, this is my headboard in my bedroom and I am the one who wrote "Dust Me". I especially like that wad of dust at the bottom of the "M". And I wanted to share this with her, and thank her for all of the comments and emails she has sent me, and for all the encouragement she has given me to continue with this challenge.

Posting everyday is not my strong suit, but I have been enjoying it very much, and love hearing from my new friends. Coming up with these posts is getting hard, though. Luckily my daughter came up with an idea for "I" tomorrow. It's way better than what I had in mind.

(H)ats off to you, Rae!

11 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...[Reply to comment]

Loved the picture...lol
I love housework but not to eccess.
I enjoyed your account of housework and each and everyone to their own. I am pleased you have your comments working.

Yvonne.

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

Plenty of messiness and dust here. Not so great for my allergies. :) I appreciated reading your blog post... and the title inspired my post for today too, so thanks!

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

Hi Im Rebecca .. Raes daughter...i was looking at her blog today and i saw that you had one. It made me smile to see the dust on the headboard...just to share a little secret with you, mom might have a few places in her house where you can write in dust, must have accumulated while she was napping.

Lisa said...[Reply to comment]

Dust bunnies live around here too. No fun waking them up, so I just leave 'em alone.

Rae said...[Reply to comment]

Ok..ugh..when you say "bloggy friend" is that good? It just sorta sounds like a fat,sloppy quarterback or something!
I love your headboard! I have the matching dresser and night stands, believe me!
See, the definitive word here is "I talk about my household chores". I never said I completed them!!
Look at all the comments you are getting! Crazy good!
Have a great weekend!!

Mel Chesley said...[Reply to comment]

Hehe! I could write that on my TV screen. My bookcase. My ... yeah, my house is clean by other standards, but I hate dusting. Very. Much. :D
Have a good weekend!

Kierah Jane Reilly said...[Reply to comment]

I sneezed just looking at your photo. I live in a house where dust accumulates faster than every other house in the America. At least, that's what I tell my husband.

Raquel Byrnes said...[Reply to comment]

You are so funny. My husband does that in the dust. I asked him...If you have the time to write in the dust...just wipe the dust. Sheesh!

Ella said...[Reply to comment]

You are funny; I laugh sometimes when people ask me, if i collect tins, I do and dust, lol~

Unknown said...[Reply to comment]

hi, I still love your blogger template it is so bright I tried to downlowad one for my blog I have vista and I couldn't open the zip file I was so upsett LOL I am not living in Squaler either but I am trying hard to do some housework on a more weekly basis, like mopping once or twice a week in the kitchen, and dusting once a week, my son is 4 and he loves to dust so he helps. I have noticed I waste my entire weekend cleaning if I don't do a little slowly weekly. I love all your flamingo's I have a picture of those on my lawn for my 41'st bday.
I am following you from Arlee's A to Z challenge, i like your ideas.

Natasha said...[Reply to comment]

I do that all the time too!!!

And Dusting is one of my pet peeves. That and ironing.