BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, April 26, 2010

(V)indication

You know, this A to Z Challenge has made me stretch my brain muscles to come up with these posts.  I'm sure that was the point, and I think it is a fine one.

But.

I'm not sure that it's for me.

I started this blog so I could whine and gripe about things in my life.  Things that I realize aren't important to anyone but me.

And that's okay.

Then I found Rae.  Well, actually, she found me. And it was nice to hear from her, have her leave me a comment.  And I would read her posts when I could (she sure is prolific) and comment when I could think of something to say.  No pressure.  Then I read she was taking part in the Challenge, and I thought I can do that.

And it was fun, too.  Then people started dropping by and saying nice things and that was awesome!  But the pressure.  Did.  Not.  Like.  I began to dread the thought of logging on; having to sit down and write something that someone else would like to read.  Ick.

Now, I realize that this is pressure I am putting on  myself.  None of you said or did anything that made me feel like this.  (Except you, person who stopped following me...you are the only sane one here and we should all follow your lead!)  So I wrote my unpost; the one post that made me laugh the most out of all of these.  And then I did something I regret.  I changed it so it wouldn't be that offensive.  Yes, ya'll, it was worse than what you read.  But it was pure, unadulterated me and I liked it.  But I didn't think you would like it so I changed it and I've been pissed off ever since. 

So, where do I stand now?  In my living room in my panties.  Actually I'm sitting.  No, really.  I'm going to finish this challenge because I started it (only 4 to go!) and then I'm going to go back to drinking too much wine and complaining about my hair.

7 comments:

Arlee Bird said...[Reply to comment]

Whoa you sound like fun! Drinking wine in just your panties and bitchin' and moanin'. I'll join you but I prefer brandy, Grand Marnier, and cold water. We could have one heck of a gripe fest. I can dig it!

Lee
May 3rd A to Z Challenge Reflections Mega Post

Mel Chesley said...[Reply to comment]

Well, you are right in the fact that it was pressure brought upon yourself. I actually laughed reading your 'unpost'. It sucks that you changed it so much and are now pissed at yourself, but again, your choice.

The one thing I like about your blogs is how upfront you are. Who gives a flying rat's @$$ if you make it all the way to Z. You gave it your best shot, move on. :D

Everyone had lots of reasons for doing this, but if it makes you dread logging on and posting, it shouldn't be done. Like I tell all the whiners in World of Warcraft who can't get a piece of armor: It's just a game, stfu and go outside to play. ;)

I am glad you did do the challenge though, I think you're quite hilarious. Let's go drink some tequila and pick a bar fight. That'll make you feel better. :D

Rae said...[Reply to comment]

All joking aside, you are one of my favorite bloggers. I found you and was immediately impressed at your honesty and wit -and how much we are alike. (Except you say things that used to get my mouth washed out with soap!)
I think you should post the Unpost in it's full, uncensored form. We are all adults here. We like you. Nothing you can ever say will make us un-follow you. Seriously.
And I agree with everything that Caledonia Lass said!
I consider you one of my BBF's. (Best Blogging Friends).
Please don't go off into the sunset with a box o wine. We need a dose of your thoughts on a regular basis!
I am so proud of you!

Raquel Byrnes said...[Reply to comment]

Too funny. I like your sense of humor and your honesty.

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

I laughed at your Unpost too. I have to admit that blogging every day gets tiresome... then again, I am proving to myself that I can do it! I do think I'll be posting less often after the challenge though.

Also wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blog! I'll definitely post an update on any new recipes I try out. I'll get a V post up sometime today too. Also, there are a lot of people who post Monday meal plans... if you want some ideas or to join in you can check out the linkup I found last week at http://orgjunkie.com/

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...[Reply to comment]

Remember, no one can really pressure you but YOU.
And with only four more days to go in this challenge, you can do it!

Ella said...[Reply to comment]

Whine n' bitch fest, count me in!
Sounds like a good time; I have had
moments of what am I doing in this
challenge. Talented writers, all around us, I'm not a writer, but I know I have a few books in me...should I put this out there, is it good enough?! I totally understand, but you can do this!

Your writing has improved and then
after the challenge you can get back to standing on your soap box or wine box and go for it!