BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, April 10, 2010

(I) Don't Have a Clue

It just didn't seem right to blog about me (I) for the I post when (I) blog about me every day. (I) wanted something else. You are about to get an unfortunate glimpse into my thought process:

(I)chthyology? Hmm. No fish. (I)ch. (I)ch. (I)chabod Crane? No. (I)chabod Crane from Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington (I)rving? Is that even correct? (I) don't know. (I)rving. (I)rving. (I)rving Berlin! Sure, I can write about my contentious relationship with my mother and how we would fight and/or hardly speak to each other all week long but on Sunday afternoons we would sit around drinking beer, reading Trivial Pursuit questions to each other, listening to big band music...there was bound to be some (I)rving Berlin in there somewhere!

So, you almost got to read that gem. Luckily for you my daughter suggested I write about the (i)ce cream we made for Easter. It was awesome!

Lemon Cheesecake (I)ce Cream

8 oz. cream cheese (or cottage cheese)
3 T. fresh lemon juice
2 egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 t. vanilla
1 cup half & half
2 egg whites

Puree cream cheese (or cottage cheese) with half & half in a blender. In a small bowl, beat egg yolks with sugar until thick and lemon colored. Add lemon juice and vanilla; stir well. Add pureed mixture and mix well.
In a medium bowl, beat egg whites until stiff and fold into mixture; chill until cold (about 1-2 hours). Pour well chilled mixture into ice cream machine and proceed according to manufacturer's directions.

(I) added a couple extra tablespoons of lemon juice. Oh, and that small bowl should probably be bigger.

Call me when it's ready!

9 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...[Reply to comment]

Sounds delicious, thank your daughter for asking you to put this on.

Enjoy the week-end.

Yvonne.

Gregg Metcalf said...[Reply to comment]

Great post with great imagination. And love that recipie.

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

That sounds delicious!

Ginny the Sock Monkey said...[Reply to comment]

So I really wish I had an ice cream maker. Because I love lemon-flavored frozen things. I'll have to keep it in mind for when I have that ice cream maker in the future.

Stephen T. McCarthy said...[Reply to comment]

Shoot!
I wanted to hear about Irving Berlin.

~ "Lonesome Dogg" McMe

Mel Chesley said...[Reply to comment]

That sounds yummy. :D

Arlee Bird said...[Reply to comment]

I think we all post about ourselves so I would have been a fine topic. Heck I we weren't posting about ourselves then that means somebody else would have written it and posted it.

Even if we plagiarized something, or posted a video, or a song, or something that we didn't create it's still about ourselves because it reflects something we liked or something that caught our attention in some way.

Actually that was a pretty revealing post about you and I enjoyed it.

Lee
Blogging From A to Z April Challenge

~Bry~ said...[Reply to comment]

Stopping by from A to Z challenge.
The ice cream sounds incredible!
Bry

Joseph Pulikotil said...[Reply to comment]

Hi Greetings:)

I am coming from Lee's blog. You are indeed doing quite well.

Excellent recipe for ice cream.

Your grit and determination to hang on is wonderful. I congratulate you.

Wish you all the best:)
Joseph