BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

It's Finally Wednesday

Posting might be tricky Thursday. It may not be on my mind when I get home.

After I have a fabulous time in Nashville tonight spurning the advances of The Boss, then recovering my composure Thursday on the ride home, I am supposed to go see New Moon with Emily at midnight...yay!

I didn't exactly love Twilight the movie but I did love the books. I've read them all twice. My ever supportive family looks at me like I have 2 heads when I sit right back down and re-read a book I just finished...but sometimes I just have to. I sometimes get caught up in the story and read it so fast trying to get to the next plot point that I just don't retain it.

Sometimes a story is so good that I just want to read it again. I re-read each Harry Potter book before the next one came out. Yes, I re-read all 6 of them before the last one was released. I re-read all 5 before the 6th one came out. I don't know, you do the math...that's a lot of Harry Potter. I want to re-read the last one before the movie comes out, too, but I don't think I will have time. Since they are splitting the movie into 2 parts I can definitely get it done before the second part. And I have only read that particular installment twice. The night it came out I read for about 18 hours straight, slept for about 3 hours, then got up and finished it. Um, I was working that weekend, too. That's why it took me so long. Then I turned around and read it again at a more leisurely pace.

Every now and again I have to re-read Pride and Prejudice. I've probably read that old chestnut 20 times. That was my go-to book in high school. I am sure I wrote an essay on it all four years...and I'm not nearly as obsessed with it as some people!

Yeah, I'm a little weird, I know it, but it keeps me off the streets and out of trouble (mostly).

1 comments:

Rae said...[Reply to comment]

You make me want to read a good book- right now! I read the Twilight series- all except the second half of the last book. Don't know why, but just never went back and finished it. Any suggestions for some wintertime reading?
Ok- now for the important question! Are you Mrs. Springsteen now, or not?