BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, November 12, 2009

=(

Today's post was supposed to be all about our new dog.

But we don't have a new dog.

My husband started sending me pictures yesterday around 11 am of a dog named Emmie. She looks very similar to our dog, Chance. I asked him if it was a new girlfriend for Chance? I'll call you later was all he said.

It turns out that Emmie has moved in with a family of Mr. Man's coworker because her owners don't feed or water her or provide her with any shelter. She is only about 4 months old. The family she has been living with already have 3 dogs of their own and don't really need another one.

Our dog is lonely. We installed a pet fence last year and although he has about 3 acres to run around in, he misses visiting everyone within a mile of our house. So, Mr. Man thought perhaps Emmie would make a nice companion for him. She is young enough that she should be easy to train on the fence.

I thought it was a great idea. My daughter's only concern was the name. Emmie is a little to close to Emily. Since Chance's full name is Sheriff John T. Chance (John Wayne's character in Rio Bravo) it only made sense that Emmie get a new John Wayne name, too. Katie Elder came to me first, but I went ahead and looked up the female leads from Rio Bravo (Feathers!) and Rooster Cogburn (Eula!). Katie Elder it would be. Mr. Man was very pleased.

Then the bad news came. Emmie's original owner saw Emmie's current owner snapping pictures of her on the cellphone and got a pretty good idea of what was about to happen. He went and got her and chained her back up in his yard.

Now we are torn. We got excited about the prospect of her, but we don't want to steal anybody's dog. We would probably being saving her, in some manner, but she isn't really ours to save.

I'm really disappointed and I don't know why. I don't even like dogs.

0 comments: