BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, June 27, 2009

...For Dummies

I am not even through the second chapter of Wine For Dummies and I have come to the conclusion it is a lost cause. I should just stick to my cheap ole box o'wine because I like it. There are undoubtedly lots of really good wines out there, but I don't think I would know them if they came up to me and dribbled down the front of my shirt. Tannic and acidic, mouth aromas, spicy, earthy, hardness, firmness. I forget what we're talking about. Oh, yeah.

Chapter 1 tells me to slow down and pay attention. Huh. You don't know me very well, do you (in the immortal words of Bugs Bunny). I'll keep slogging through, but the person who owned this book first highlighted some of the stangest things:




I wonder if I really need to remember the retronasal passage is the nose for wine. I hope there's not gonna be a quiz.

0 comments: