BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, September 28, 2009

Drama

There has just been too much drama going on lately. I had an awesome post planned for my daughter's 18th birthday, back on the 14th. I started leaving her posts on her facebook page on the 13th telling her what was happening at this time 18 years ago, culminating in her birth at 1:58 am. I was going to compose a fitting tribute for her here that day but a young lady that went to my children's school, and also happened to be 18, was killed on the morning of the 14th in a car accident. It did not seem proper for me to be celebrating the life of my daughter when another mother was having to deal with the death of hers. And that accident happened less than a quarter mile from where Emily had her wreck 2 years ago.

We had a major episode of drama again on Wednesday, the night before I had my surgery. It was painful and awful and is still ongoing. Maybe in a couple of weeks it won't be so raw. It may even be funny, who knows? We'll discuss it later.

So far my surgery seems to be successful--I haven't peed on myself once! And did you know percoset + zinfandel = long nap? It does. I'm kinda depressed being here all alone with nothing to do. I can't bend or stoop or pick up anything heavier than a gallon of milk for 4 weeks. Not that I was going to clean the house or anything. But there always seems to be something interesting on the floor that I would like to pick up and I have no minions here now to get them for me. I think I will go get one of those long handled grabber things that they used to give away when you bought a scooter from the scooter store. The old people in those commercials all looked really tickled with them.

Ok, so what will I do with all this time off? I think I need to drag out my copy of blogging for dummies and figure out the "labels for this post". Right now it is suggesting scooters, vacation, fall. I know I have whine and polka posts. I need a better labeling system. Am I rambling? I think I will not take a percoset tomorrow and see how the blogging goes. It makes my scalp itchy, anyway.

1 comments:

Rae said...[Reply to comment]

Glad you're back and hope you get to feeling better.
Happy Birthday to your daughter!
And so sorry to hear about the tragic accident
involving one so young.
I have 1 no- actually 2- of those grabber things. And yes- I am tickled with them! If you grab just right you can even change a light bulb and put your socks on! :D
Hey- just lay off the wine while the percoset
is doing its job! And keep blogging!